Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Charlie's New Stuff

The girl is growing. Rapidly. So, I've been shopping. Thriftily.
I have been waiting and waiting for these to go on sale. They were $10 at Target, yesterday I found them for $4.

I love Melissa&Doug products. I found they're wooden blocks on sale at the As Seen on TV store at the Supermall of all places. $13.

I've been smushing her feet into size 3's for months, so I caved and got her a bunch of size 4 & 5's.
Koala's - $3 st Old Navy, Pink Mary Janes - free at TJ Maxx with gift card (Thanks Chie!), Pink Patent Leather Mary Janes - $3 at Kid to Kid consignment shop, Blue sandals - $6 at Old Navy, Fuchsia boots - $3 at Kid to Kid.
Melissa&Doug stacking boxes, free at TJ Maxx
Charlie's wardrobe has so far been primarily provided by baby shower gifts. She's now reached the size where people rarely give gifts in, so I'm slowly stocking up on 18 & 24 month items. Here's what I have from Kid to Kid (total spend, probably less than $30)
Lots of fleece Carter's sleepers for the winter
Cherokee sweater dress, Old Navy gingham dress
Cherokee motorcycle jacket, Gymboree rain coatChristmas Carter's sleepers - snowmen and penguins
In my experience with baby shopping, patience and scavenging used clothing saves you a TON. Everything goes on sale, and you can nearly always find the "current styles" used. (Cause baby styles change all the time, right?)
So, there you have it. Grown up stuff for my growing up baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment