Thursday, September 29, 2011

One.

Happy Birthday Charlotte Ellenor!
From my bitty 6lb 9 oz baby...
...to my beautiful 19lb girl.
Dear Charlie,
Your Daddy and I are so blessed to have you. This year has sped by in a blur of firsts (smile, laugh, roll, sleep through the night, solid food, tooth, the list goes on). Our love for you has grown with each day, and we can't believe what a sweet girl you are turning into.
You love to give hugs and kisses, wave at everyone, grin and giggle, and most of all, move. You are everywhere, getting into anything you can reach. I just found you with wasabi crisps in your hand...making me grateful that you don't put much in your mouth. You are adventurous - as long as I'm by your side - curious, and fearless, which often results in bumps and bruises.
You are always watching, always learning, and always wanting to know more. You love your family, love to shop (naturally), and love to read.
You don't like to crawl, instead you kind of swim across the floor, pushing with your toes and grabbing the floor ahead with your fingers.
You are starting to stand unsupported, for about 20 seconds at a time. You'll be walking within a month, I'm sure of it.
You're a bundle of energy, and keep me on my toes, but you always come back to my arms to snuggle. I love you, my Charlie. Happy first birthday!
There are gentle winds blowing
and stars all above you.
Night-night, little Pookie.
I love you and love you.
And love you and love you.
And love you and love you.*
*Taken from Night-Night, Little Pookie by Sandra Boynton

No comments:

Post a Comment