Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chronicles of Cry It Out - Day Six

Finally. Finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For bedtime at least. Naps are a different story. Last night my dad came over to watch Survivor - a long standing tradition, and Charlie went down at 8:15. I kissed her, prayed over her and told her "Night night" and walked out. She screamed for the entire duration of 25 minutes, which my dad didn't like at all. But then, she was out. That's a little more than half the time it's been taking! I couldn't believe it. Just under an hour later, however, she was fussing again. But just fussing, on and off, for about 15 minutes, then asleep. By the time Tim got home (around 10ish), he went to kiss her goodnight and found her staring at him with wide open, very awake eyes. He kissed her on the forehead and walked out, afraid he'd ruined everything. Again, she fussed for about 10 minutes and then was out. Weird. At 11:30, I was getting ready for bed, and heard her fussing. I decided to feed her, assuming hunger was the reason for all these wakings, so I fed her while I read a bit, then put her back in her crib. She fussed for about 5 minutes, then I didn't hear a peep from her until 6:30am! Is it possible that this horrible cycle we've been in for two months now is finally coming to an end? Hoping and praying that it is, and normal sleep will return to all. So far today, Charlie has been cheery and energetic, and desperately wanting to type, so here is a message to you with love from Charlie: ccccccccccccccccccccccccccc nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn c jrx zzzzzzzzzzzz


  1. Yay!! Way to go Charlie! I would call a feeding at 11:30 and sleep until 6:30 a major success! I have adjusted our schedule to start with early mornings (6:30ish) because it is worth the time in the evenings... and it means we get a nice midmorning quiet time and early afternoon nap! Lyddie says "good job Charlie!"

  2. So exciting! We went through a very similar stage with Jacob - crying, wanting to sleep in our bed, feedings in the middle of the night (way after he was old enough to sleep the whole way through) and then finally, we buckled down and made him sleep on his own. Took him about a week or two to really get the hang of it. And oh, the beauty of a full night of sleep! Except I found on the first few nights that he slept through the night, I'd still wake up at 3am, wondering if he was ok. It's a rough few weeks, but totally worth it. Great job for sticking it out!