Monday, February 21, 2011

Made By Me Monday

When I saw this tutorial, I couldn't wait to make one. I pulled out my scrap fabrics and some fat quarters, and chose this brown polka dot pattern for my first attempt:
I love how it turned out. My fabric was slightly shorter than what was called for, so it made a smaller Charlie sized flower. With a few quick stitches I added it to an elastic head band that immediately dresses up Charlie's outfits.
She loves to wear it (I assume, since she doesn't yank it off) to church.

Isn't it adorable! Make your own in about an hour. I'll probably make a bunch more, but I have to wait till I'm in an ironing mood...which is almost never.
Again, I'm curious...would you purchase something like this from an Etsy shop? What would you expect to pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment