Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Four Months Old!

I can't believe my sweet baby is already over four months old! I love every minute I have with her, watching her learning new things, seeing what catches her interest and what makes her laugh (her ceiling, for example.) I can't believe how fast these months have flown by, and how dramatically she's changed from that tiny helpless newborn to this little eager, chatty, observant infant. She is such a blessing to Tim and me. Tim loves to sit quietly with her and then tell me, "I like her." So sweet.
Right now she's snuggled in my lap, feeling my robe lapel and murmuring to herself as she fights sleepiness. "They" say that I should put her in her crib when she's sleepy but awake like this, but how long will I be able to just enjoy snuggles like this? Judging by how quickly these last months went, not long.
In four months, I've learned:
Babies love to scream when they're playing
Immunizations don't get easier
Always carry a spare pacifier
Fake sneezing earns smiles every time
If you take off the diaper to take pictures, your floor will be peed on
Baby fingernails grow faster than the speed of light
Three loads of tiny laundry a day is not out of the question
Not all diapers are created equal
That I had no idea how much I could love such a tiny little person
Bonus: Pictures from 17 weeks (which, ironically came before she turned 4 months.)

No comments:

Post a Comment