Thursday, October 15, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

Last night I took my first attempt at Chicken Parmesan. I couldn't find a recipe that used enough cheese for my liking (you can never have too much cheese), so I made my own. It was gooood. And pretty easy.


My Chicken Parmesan (Feeds approx. 2.5)

4 pieces of boneless skinless chicken, thawed (I used thighs cause that's what we had.)

Breadcrumbs (I used parmesan crumbs, cause again, you can never have too much cheese.)

Italian seasoning

Jar of Pasta sauce (I used Ragu Tomato and Basil)

Mozzerella cheese, Two healthy slices for each piece of chicken

1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 375

Mix crumbs and seasoning in a bowl, dredge chicken in crumb mixture (I opted not to use eggs, but you can if you need to for additional stickage.)

Place chicken in an 7 x 11 baking dish

Put mozzerella cheese slices over chicken

Sprinkle (liberally) parmesan over mozzerella

Pour pasta sauce over and around chicken


Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until chicken is 165 degrees.


Serve over pasta or with vegetables.


Voila! Yummy dinner with hardly any prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment