Monday, October 26, 2009

Christmas Movies

I've decided I'm going to start watching a Christmas movie (or what I consider to be a Christmas movie) once a week until the season is over (and has started...heh...I'm an early bird). I inadvertently started on Saturday while Tim was playing disc golf with the boys.


So, without further ado...


Why it's a Christmas movie -

Yes, most of the movie takes place in January on a boat. Then again in July. And some of the time in between. But it ends on Christmas. How we know this: There is a decorated tree. The words "Merry Christmas" are exchanged. There is a Christmas banquet.

Reasons I love it -

Cary Grant

Music

I go through an entire range of emotions watching this: Happiness, bitterness, sadness, frustration, more sadness, discontent, happiness.

Few cringeworthy moments (lets be honest, the songs she makes those kids sing are terrible.)

To me, this is the perfect movie to watch with the lady relatives on Thanksgiving while the guys are playing cards. A great way to usher in the season. Tune in next week for another great movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment