Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Early Christmas Present!

I got my first Christmas present over the weekend. Crazy, I know. Last year I got my first Christmas present in October (my dad got Lion King tickets, and had to tell me so I'd stop begging Tim for them). Anyway, on Saturday Dad and I were hitting all the thrift stores looking for my Barbie dress. We happened into a little decor shop that was closing, so everything was 35%off. They happened to have the very last piece of my nativity. My mom had been giving me a different piece every year, but she passed on before it was completed. My dad had wanted to finish it for me, but the remaining piece (the creche) is uber expensive. As it happened, this store had it discounted and had an additional 35% off! Bada boom, bada bing, I have my completed nativity. So this year, instead of being crammed into a shelf on our media stand like this:


(I don't know why this is so crooked. Either our house is on a slope or my head is.)

It will have a place of honor (to be determined) looking like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment